Holy Trinity Vestry is elected by the congregation at the Annual General Meeting. It normally consists of 9 members plus a secretary and treasurer who are appointed by the Vestry. All meetings are chaired by the Rector. Members agree to be ‘Charity Trustees’ of the church for the duration of their service which is a period of 1-3 years.
The responsibilities of the Vestry include:
– Assisting and co-operating with the Rector in matters relating to the spirituality of the congregation.
– The protection of vulnerable groups within the church.
– The management of church property and funds.
– Compliance with all Health and Safety legislation as laid out by the SEC.
– Ensuring compliance with the law generally in relation to all church activities.